We’re driving growth through purpose by creating Better Days for
3 billion people
Heart & Soul
Today, more than ever, society places broad expectations on corporate citizens. At Kellogg, we believe this is right. Our visionary founder, W.K. Kellogg, instilled in us the understanding that a critical part of running a good business is also doing good for society. That’s why we’ve always worked hard to make sure our company practices deliver benefits to people, our communities and the planet.
As a result, Kellogg is regularly recognized with some of the world’s highest corporate social responsibility honors, including being named to the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good indices and an Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Company. We believe these organizations see in us what we have long known … Kellogg is a company with a Heart and Soul. Of course, we’re dedicated to being a long-term sustainable business; we also will never lose our anchor as a purpose-driven organization.
That’s why our Heart & Soul strategy, which comes to life through our Kellogg’s® Better Days global signature cause platform, is integral to our Deploy for Growth business strategy. We simply can’t succeed if we don’t collectively win in the marketplace and make a difference in people’s lives.
Today, the number of people affected by hunger is staggering. More than 8201 million people face a future of food insecurity brought on by our growing population, climate vulnerability and malnutrition. That’s why Kellogg and our people are holistically addressing the issue, by:
Providing food for people, especially children, facing hunger:
Developing foods to deliver holistic wellbeing to people everywhere, in an accessible way; and
- Because 86% of our entire food portfolio is plant-based, we’re uniquely positioned to deliver affordable, accessible nutrition through foods that have a lower environmental impact . We’re doing this by:
Supporting farmers and workers while responsibly growing our ingredients;
Minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment;
Reducing organic waste and creating packaging that’s reusable, recyclable or compostable; and,
Protecting human rights all along our value chain.
Through Kellogg’s® Better Days, Kellogg is addressing food security and creating Better Days for 3 billion people by the end of 2030. To do so, we’re focused on the interconnected issues of wellbeing, hunger relief and climate resiliency to drive positive change for people, communities and the planet. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Nourishing 1 billion people by fostering wellbeing with our foods by delivering nutrients of need and addressing hidden hunger
- Feeding 375 million people in need through food donations and expanded child-feeding programs.
- Nurturing people and our planet by supporting 1 million farmers and workers while conserving natural resources across our value chain by meeting our science-based targets, responsibly sourcing our ingredients, reducing organic waste and providing sustainable packaging.
- Livinging our founder’s values by engaging 1.5 billion people in the issue of global food security by advocating on behalf of children facing hunger, encouraging employee volunteerism, ensuring an ethical supply chain, and supporting diversity and inclusion.
Our online Corporate Responsibility Report includes details of how our Heart & Soul strategy comes to life through our ambitious Kellogg’s® Better Days commitment to create Better Days for 3 billion people by the end of 2030. For the full story, click here.
1 2018 The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations.