Breakfasts for Better Days™
Since we launched Breakfasts for Better Days™ in 2013, Kellogg has provided more than two billion servings of food to people in need. In October 2016, we announced new commitments focused on creating three billion Better Days for people around the world by the end of 2025e. These commitments ladder up to the U.N. SDGs, in particular Goal 2 to end hunger, and include:
- Donating 2.5 billion servings of food to people in need, often in partnership with hundreds of food banks, across six continents;
- Expanding feeding and nutrition education programs so 2 million children can reach their full potential;
- Supporting 500,000 farmers, their families and communities with climate-smart agriculture practices to increase yields, improve climate resiliency and reduce post-harvest food loss and waste f;
- Committing 45,000 Kellogg employee and retiree volunteer days at local community food banks, farms and breakfast programs; and,
- Engaging 300 million people in our efforts to address food security through promotions, online engagement and social media participation.